Engineering Design Process (EDP)
• The learner will recognize the engineering design process is a method of problem solving used to create a system, a product, or a process that meets an identified need.
• The learner will apply the steps of the Engineering Design Process to solve a simulated or real-world problem.
3-D Computer-Aided Design
• The learner will construct a 3-D scale model based on geometric relationships using engineering design software and computer technology.
• The learner will use engineering design software to demonstrate basic CAD operation and skills in the areas of:
sketching (2-D geometry creation and modifications)
geometric and dimensional constraints (applying appropriate constraints)
modeling (3-D modeling skills and modifications)
assemblies (understanding and creating simple assemblies)
• The learner will relate geometric relationships and mathematical applications to parameters of CAD.
• The learner will apply basic computer skills such as mouse dexterity, keyboarding, data entry, and folder navigation.