Students will explore numbers and number relationships and will learn to:
• Solve problems using fractions, decimals and percentages.
• Express numbers using scientific notation.
Students will select and apply appropriate standard units and tools to measure length, area, volume, mass and degree of angles.
In addition, they will learn to recognize geometric properties and relationships that rise in the classroom or in everyday life, like being able to identify geometric shapes and angles.
Students will explore data analysis and will:
• Collect data using observations and experiments.
• Represent data using tables and graphs.
• Interpret data from tables and graphs.