Students will learn about Newton's Three Laws of Motion and will be able to:
• Recognize examples of Newton's Laws in the physical world.
• Demonstrate that an object in motion or at rest will stay in motion or at rest unless acted upon by an outside force. (First Law)
• Predict and determine the acceleration of an object when given the variables of mass and force. (Second Law)
• Conclude every action is followed by a reaction equal in magnitude and opposite in direction. (Third Law)
• Explain the effects of the forces of lift, thrust, drag and friction.
In addition, students will explore fluid mechanics and aerodynamics and will learn to:
• Specify the expected change in motion caused by unbalanced forces acting on an object.
• Determine the faster fluids move, the less pressure they exert.